According to the FBI, there is a home burglary every 16 seconds in the U.S.A.
Your home is likely your most valuable possession and one of your most important investments. It is a place you want to feel safe and sound from the potential dangers of mother nature and bad people. Employing in some basic home safety practices is the first step in creating a secure environment for your loved ones and family.
Home Security Tips
- Safe Landscaping. As you walk around your property, scan for areas that could conceal thieves at night. Install proper lighting to bring light to the shadows or remove these potential hiding places.
- Be a Good Neighbor. Take the time to meet your neighbors and become friendly. They can keep an eye on your house while you’re away, and you can do the same while they’re away. They scratch your back, you scratch theirs.
- Beware of Porch Pirates. Thieves are always on the look for newly-delivered boxes sitting outside your front door. If you, like many Americans, enjoy online shopping, try and have them delivered to an Amazon locker or P.O. box.
- Manage Visibility. Make sure you can see who is ringing your doorbell without having to open it. Many doorbell systems now include a security camera that can connect to your smartphone and stream the live footage.
- Talk to Your Police Department. Ask your police department to come and inspect your home and property to provide you with more home security tips to better protect your home.
You need the proper homeowners insurance policy in case a covered disaster were to strike your home. Theft and vandalism are covered by most general homeowner insurance policies that are available to you. To get excellent coverage for your Connecticut home, contact C.V. Mason Insurance Agency in Bristol today.