Ribs should be considered one of the world’s seven wonders, and this month should be recognized as a federal holiday where we can stay home from work and cook ribs all day. Unfortunately, we all have dreams that may never come true, but that doesn’t mean that other dreams can’t come to fruition. Cooking ribs is like an art form: it takes time, patience, and a little imagination. But if you master all three, the result can leave your neighbors envious over how good your ribs smell and taste. Sometimes it’s not about the goal, but the journey. Well, with these ribs the goal will taste even sweeter than the journey. Here is a delicious recipe to cook the best darn ribs you’ve ever cooked.
Preparation Time: 11 hours 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place ribs on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Scatter 4 cloves of sliced garlic over ribs. Cover, and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin. Rub spices over cooled ribs. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, mix together brown sugar, cider vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion, dry mustard, and 1 clove garlic. Simmer over medium-low heat, uncovered, for 1 hour. Reserve a small amount for basting; the remainder is a dipping sauce.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Place ribs on grill. Grill, covered, for about 12 minutes, basting with the reserved sauce, until nicely browned and glazed. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
We at CV Mason Insurance hope you try this delicious ribs and let us know how you did! Cooking can present its own set of dangers which put your house at risk. A quality home insurance policy may protect you from accidents–should they occur. Contact CV Mason Insurance Agency in Bristol for the correct policy for you!