Explore the great outdoors with these camping trip packing tips.
If you’re going on a camping trip, it can be rather tempting to pack anything and everything that you think you need so that you have those home comforts while away. However, you can enjoy camping in luxury without taking your entire life by thinking carefully about what essentials you are going to need to keep your camping trip safe and fun.
- Make a list of the items you will need for your trip and check their condition well in advance. Remember to it simple!
- Start packing at least two weeks before your trip. Last minute packing causes stress.
- Check the weather forecast for when you’re away. Be prepared for the weather a few off-season clothes and rain jackets – just in case.
- Pack your vehicle with the idea of “last in, first out” idea. Put the things you’ll need first in last so they are easily accessible.
- Plan your menu. Having a menu outlining each meal for your trip will ensure that you do not overpack food or forget to purchase an item.
- Keep safe. Be sure to pack a first aid kit that has the necessities. Suffering an illness or injury while out in the wilderness is a quick way to ruin the trip. Be sure to pack any personal medication, too.
Commonly forgotten items:
- Locks for bikes and keys for bike racks
- A portable cell phone charger
- Trash bags
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Hand sanitizer
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
We hope that you and your family have a great time camping in the great outdoors! For all of your personal and commercial insurance policies, contact the team at C.V. Mason Insurance Agency in Bristol, Connecticut.