Comparing homeowners’ insurance quotes is the best way to find the best policy for your needs. Once you know what goes into determining your quote, you may be able to find ways to reduce your overall cost by qualifying for discounts. If you have questions about the best way to compare quotes, contact your insurance agent.
Factors That Influence Quotes
Quotes are determined based on the amount of risk that surrounds your home. Having a swimming pool, trampoline, or a fireplace. A home located in an area that is known for a high crime rate will also raise your quote. The age and construction of your home are also important factors.
Are Quotes Free?
Most insurance quotes are free simply because the carriers are trying to earn your business. You can ask for a quote in person or request one online or over the phone. Independent agents can provide you with several quotes at one time.
What Information Do I Need to Provide the Insurance Company?
You will need to provide when and how your home was built, as well as what materials were used. Your agents will want your personal information to complete the application. Does your home have any safety features, like a fire hydrant that is close by? You will also want to provide anything that may need additional coverage.
How Do I Compare Quotes?
It’s easy to compare quotes. Compare the cost to the benefits that are offered. It’s also a good idea to look for any discounts that may sway you to one or the other. If you find a policy you like, negotiate with the carrier. Many will help you work out a favorable deal.
How Many Quotes Do I Need?
If you really want to find the best deal, get at least three solid quotes. This will give you a good idea of what is available and a range of costs that you can start working with.
What Do I Look at?
There are several parts of a policy that you can compare. Go over each one carefully so that you have a solid understanding of what is in your future policy.
- Policy coverage – Know what perils are covered and how many. A comprehensive policy will cover up to 16 perils.
- Deductibles and coverage amounts – Know how much your deductible will be and what coverage amounts will be included.
- Verify personal information – Verify personal information to make sure it is accurate. False information will void your policy.
- Are you eligible for discounts? – If you have a privacy fence, outdoor lighting, or a professionally monitored security system with cameras, you may qualify for a few discounts.
- Is the carrier trustworthy? – Does the insurance carrier have a good reputation? Are they members of the Better Business Bureau? A good reputation speaks volumes.
- Check their customer service – Make sure they have an excellent customer service department!
Compare Your Homeowners Insurance with CV Mason
If you are in the market for a quality homeowner’s insurance policy, contact the agents at C.V. Mason Insurance. We can help you compare multiple policies so you can find the right one for you. We will be able to take your information and match you up with policies from several carriers. Together, we can get you the type of policy you want at a price you can afford. Contact us for homeowners’ insurance quotes.