Your small business needs to be protected from the risks it faces on a daily basis.
From the day you cut the ribbon for the great opening of your business, your business faces risks. Even before you hire your very first employee, your business faces dangers. One lawsuit or catastrophic event could be enough to sink your business before it even gets the chance to show what it’s all about. Here are some small business insurance policies to take into consideration to best protect your business.
Business Insurance for Small Businesses
- Property insurance. Small business owners either own or lease their office property. Wherever you fall, property insurance is a must. This insurance covers the property, the building, equipment, inventory, signage, and furniture in the event a covered disaster strikes.
- Professional liability insurance. This coverage provides your business with protection from negligence claims due to harm that results from mistakes or failure to perform.
- Product liability insurance. If your business manufactures products for sale on the general market, product liability shouldn’t be on your “optional” list, it should be on “required.” If one of your products malfunctions or causes harm, you will likely be held liable and forced to pay.
- Workers’ compensation insurance. Once you’ve hired your first employee, this insurance should be integrated into your business. If they get ill or injured on the job, you will be held liable for the medical bills that come from their injury and compensation for missed time.
- Home-based business insurance. Many professionals begin their business venture right in their own homes. While homeowners insurance may cover some things, it won’t cover all of your business-related equipment. A proper business insurance will cover your home-based business equipment.
To get the right business insurance policy that’s right for you, contact CV Mason Insurance Agency in Bristol, Connecticut. We will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price to fit your budget.