Halloween Safety Tips for Kids and Parents
Halloween is a very fun and exciting time for children. They get to play dress up, go out with their friends on a school night, and indulge in free candy – what’s not to love? Trick-or-treating is part of the Halloween fun. To keep frights and scares at bay this year, check out these safety tips for a fun Halloween.
- Plan a route in advance. Avoid long routes that will tire children out and stick to paths that you and your child are familiar with.
- Children should have adult supervision at all times. Even if they know the neighborhood, walk with them to each house and stick to well-lit routes.
- Look out for ‘No trick-or-treating’ signs. Do not disturb anyone who chooses not to take part.
- Make sure that your child’s costume does not drag on the ground as this can pose a tripping hazard.
- Stick reflective lights and patches onto their costume and trick-or-treat bag so that drivers can see them clearly.
- Avoid masks that make breathing difficult or obstruct your child’s line of vision. Use non-toxic makeup instead.
- Before your child enjoys his or her bucket of sweets, sort through them first. Look for any not in their original wrapping or look as though they may have been opened.
- A hungry little monster can be scary. Prepare your child a healthy and nutritious meal before trick-or-treating so the s/he feels less inclined to fill up on sweets and candy.
- If you are going to be driving, watch out for children crossing the roads. Stick to the speed limit and scan the road ahead so that you spot children in advance.
While you get your kids ready for Halloween, leave your insurance policies in the very capable hands of C.V. Mason Insurance Agency. We help find the right fit of insurance policies for your needs – Contact us today for tailored coverage.