Delicious and green pesto pasta for St. Patrick’s Day dining.
When we think of St. Patrick’s day, it’s usual for images of green beer and green food to fill our minds. While most green food (think kale, spinach, lettuce) is good for us, the brightly-colored cupcakes and bagels are not ideal. While you’re celebrating this Irish holiday, choose to whip up a delicious (and healthy) green dish!
- Pasta of your choice
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 1 cup of fresh basil (tightly packed)
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper
- ½ lemon (optional)
- Prepare your pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile roast pine nuts in a skillet until lightly toasted.
- Add basil, garlic, toasted pine nuts, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth. Mix pesto into pasta and add cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
We hope that you enjoyed this delicious recipe! Are you looking for reliable insurance coverage this March? Talk to the professionals at C.V. Mason Insurance Agency in Bristol, Connecticut to secure the right policies for your lifestyle and assets.